$ composer require friendsofsymfony/http-cache:~1.0
This library follows Semantic Versioning. Because constraint
will only increment the minor and patch numbers, it will not introduce BC
There are three things you need to do to get started:
This library mainly consists of:
- low-level clients for communicating with caching proxies (Varnish and NGINX)
- a cache invalidator that acts as an abstraction layer for the caching proxy clients
- test classes that you can use for integration testing your application against a caching proxy.
Measures have been taken to minimize the performance impact of sending invalidation requests:
- Requests are not sent immediately, but aggregated to be sent in parallel.
- You can determine when the requests should be sent. For optimal performance, do so after the response has been sent to the client.